By Marcia Jenkins, Senior Operations Manager
Any good Telemarketing Services agency needs and wants agents that are professional and experts at the product they are selling. Obviously good training is key to accomplishing this, but having seasoned agents on the program is the key to long term sustainability. With an industry often riddled with high turnover rates, keeping strong, qualified reps on your B2B Telemarketing program can be a challenge for many call centers out there.
Often you will find that, as with any position, when an employee feels they are making a difference, it helps to ensure they stay in their position and continue to grow and improve. If you don’t have what we call worthwhile work, then that is a very difficult thing to achieve. Worthwhile work to us simply means that you are proud of what you are doing and enjoy telling friends and family about what you do and what organization you are doing that for. That is a basic concept, but a lot of call centers don’t follow that rule and make calls that seem shady for organizations that seem slimy. Worthwhile work is the secret to retaining your best telemarketing services sales reps.
I was able to ask some long tenured members of our team what it meant for them to have worthwhile work and here is their feedback, right from the frontlines:
- “I am proud to dial on the program I do because I feel like I am helping people out. I like that feeling of being able to talk to people from all over the country about how our product helps their office! There is no better feeling then doing what you love and being positive about what you do and feeling that you helped someone!”
- “Doing something you enjoy, doing something that makes you proud, so when you leave at the end of the day you know you have tried your best and given your all. It’s a great feeling knowing I can make people happy and have a great experience on the phone with them. I push myself to be the best. This is something that was handed down to me by my parents!”
- “I am proud to dial on the program I do because I offer a service (product) that will help our customers and make their day to day work easier and faster as well as help them bring in added revenue for their business.”
- “To me worthwhile work means having a job I enjoy for decent pay and benefits with a happy, positive environment. Feeling fulfilled and providing a service people want helps to keep me coming to work month after month, year after year.”
- “I am proud to dial on the program I do because people are receiving efficient care in part because of the products I sell to help offices be more efficient. I like to help my customers find solutions using the best and easiest tools. To me worthwhile work means everyone working toward a common goal sharing the same values.”
Having engaged, tenured employees are crucial to any B2B Telemarketing campaign. It is important when you need telemarketing services that you work with a company that seeks out programs that can nurture the agent’s feelings of worth and also makes them proud to come to work each day.
Marcia Jenkins is the Senior Operations Manager for Quality Contact Solutions. Prior to joining Quality Contact Solutions, Marcia was a sought-after 10-year call center veteran with the ability to manage and sell. Marcia is responsible for the day-to-day operations for the At Home Division. QCS At Home is a work-from-home telemarketing and call center solution focused on business to business outbound telemarketing, test-bed projects and special programs which are typically not well-suited for the traditional brick and mortar call center operation.